Record Request Option….we have our rights..they work for us! update 3/26

record request image

Thanks to our Kirtland lobbyist for this information regarding mediation of records requests by the community activists.

If a governmental agency or non-profit fails to produce the requested records, the citizens have another option under Senate Bill 321.  Here is a link to the bill:  Bill 321 Mediation for Records Requests

How would the bill work?
  1. If a request for public records is denied or delayed, the requester can file a complaint in their county clerk’s office for the Ohio Court of Claims. The fee to file would be $25.
  2. The government entity would have seven days to respond.
  3. The Court of Claims would attempt to mediate the problem between the two parties, and could do so by phone from Columbus.
  4. If the mediation fails, a special master would render advisory opinion that would then be considered by a Court of Claims judge, who would issue a legally binding decision.
  5. Either party can appeal, but the appeal would also be handled into expedited manner.

Updated 3/26/19 – Thanks to GlindaAnon for this update.

Here is the form that can be used:  public-records-complaint-form-2018

Categories: Uncategorized


10 replies

  1. 9847 941770among the greatest system I know, thank you extremely considerably . 640495

  2. 479660 26621Normally I dont read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up really compelled me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, really wonderful post. 248744

  3. I simply couldn’t leave your website prior to suggesting that I actually loved the usual information an individual supply on your guests? Is going to be back often in order to investigate cross-check new posts.

  4. 489344 839575I dont think Ive read anything like this before. So excellent to locate somebody with some original thoughts on this topic. thank for starting this up. This internet site is something that is necessary on the internet, someone with a bit originality. Good job for bringing something new to the internet! 403435

  5. 375260 91901Even though youre any with the lucky enough choices, it comes evidently, although capture the fancy of the particular coveted by ly folks other valuable you you meet could possibly nicely have hard times this certain dilemma. pre owned awnings 575818

  6. 563704 346112you could have an ideal blog appropriate here! would you prefer to make some invite posts on my weblog? 174211

  7. 344439 968331I believe this site contains some quite excellent information for everybody : D. 846196

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: