We are pleased to help out our friends in Geauga County by posting their opinions on the Berkshire Renewal Levy in our Free Speech Zone.
“Content Provided by Balanced Political Solutions-not any Candidate”
Berkshire Renewal Levy-VOTE NO!!
Levy Supports New School on Kent State Campus
BIG New School Code Name: MOAB (Mother of ALL Berkshires)
Ballot Issue 20 – Voting Date: November 5, 2019
Berkshire Local School District (BLSD)
2.5 mil 5. Year Renewal Levy
REMODELING, RENOVATING, IMPROVING Existing SCHOOL BUILDINGS
$775,000.00 in ANNUAL Revenue
$3,863,632.25 over 5 Years
Written & Intended To Be Used for: – REMODELING, RENOVATING IMPROVING the Existing School Buildings, NOT MOAB!
>>BUT it won’t be used for Existing School Buildings!
Look at MOAB Levy passed in 2018:
1. MOAB Deal REQUIRES at least 1 mil levy in place to be used for MAINTENANCE. The Renewal Levy’s $3.8 Million will be used to meet that requirement for securing State Money OR DEAL IS BROKEN.
2. Using the 2.5 mil Renewal Levy for Maintenance is not HONEST!
3. MOAB Levy passed in 2018 was $3.65 mil, generates $1.13 Million per year. $42.8Million over 38 year term.
4. $28 Million was 45% of total $62.2 Million Total …BUT INTEREST over 38 years is $14.8 Million!
Total MOAB cost is $77.0 Million!!
5. Board member Manfredi recently stated that Berkshire is the LOWEST taxed school district in the area. NOT TRUE! West Geauga has lower school taxes. In fact, when you add in Berkshire’s income tax, our total effective tax rate is SECOND HIGHEST of 7 in the County (equates to total mill rate of 82.5).
6. State money is ALSO OUR MONEY! We pay those taxes too!
7. State gave “10% extra money” if MOAB is built on State-Owned College Campus. Why not build the school on the 40 acres of land Berkshire already owned??
8. State has increasingly tried to exert CONTROL over LOCAL education. The State calls parents “Partners” in the education process. Parents are OWNERS! The State is the Partner!! But they want CONTROL over YOUR children.
9. The State Strategic Plan also calls for Social Emotional Learning (SEL) to be part of EVERY class, Lesson Plan, and minute of every day student life. SEL will require a psychologist to be resident in EVERY school to psychoanalyze YOUR kids. Ex-military personnel will recognize this a “Psy-Ops” – psychological operations/warfare. This is the precursor to transition education into indoctrination: BRAINWASHING! Worse yet, the school can now analyze, diagnose and TREAT your kids and UNLESS the schools sets the policy just right, this can be done without your knowledge or PERMISSION!
10. Enrollment within the district has fallen and will continue to decline. Three schools will be shut down and the “new and improved” MOAB will have LESS capacity than our existing schools! Wow! We can spend more and get less! Yet School Board member Wadsworth explained recently that the plan is to attract (steal / cannibalize) students from nearby districts. This will break other neighboring districts as they lose over $6,000.00 per pupil in open enrollment. This means an eventual Regional Education Center where the State has COMPLETE CONTROL over education with NO LOCAL DIRECTION or ACCOUNTABILITY. The State’s viewpoints will be indoctrinated / brainwashed into every student.
11. State educational program goals, objectives and methods have become more LIBERAL over time, and this is what will be indoctrinated / brainwashed into our Kids. If you are an independent, moderate Democrat or Republican, but especially Conservative, this should scare the HECK OUT OF YOU! You should immediately view the George Orwell’s movies 1984 and Animal Farm. We are witnessing Orwell’s prophecies coming true before our very eyes. Our Kids are being indoctrinated and brainwashed into being Socialists. There is little tolerance for Conservative views in schools anymore. Just try praying! Revisionist historians are re-writing American history to portray our Founding Fathers as Rich, Old White Racists. How inaccurate and sad. Actually, to teach such nonsense is a lie and is thinly disguised Social Engineering designed to make Americans ashamed of their history and themselves so that new values can be implanted – SOCIALIST VALUES!
Please read a copy of the State’s 5 year Educational Strategic Plan. It WILL scare the HECK OUT OF YOU…unless you are already a Socialist.
Speaking of such, one of the candidates for School Board is a Vice President of Marketing for a video production company. Her blog offers some insights into the relationship her company has with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) which is called in her blog Amazing Collaborators. There is also a Trump hit piece video on the web site that is very offensive (https://thinkmediastudios.com/portfolio_page/a-more-civil-war/)
Even if one views her involvement with her company as “just a job”, how many of us compromise our principles by working for a company that produces hit pieces on our President, and portrays, in the ACLU video, all oppressors as whites and all oppressed as minorities? Then this candidate has the gall to call herself a “Conservative”, See for yourself: (https://thinkmediastudios.com/2018/09/04animating-for-aclu-of-ohio/), and make up your own mind whether you would want this individual overseeing school policy decisions about Comprehensive Sex Education and other touchy matters.
12. Berkshire’s results are an ABYSSMAL “D”! Even if you consider “doing the right thing” for several students not graduated but held back for remedial work, the Grade might rise to a “C” or so. This is not VALUE EQUAL TO THE 2ND HIGHEST TAXES IN THE COUNTY!
So…WHAT CAN WE DO???!!
1. Defeat the School Levy. Vote NO!
2. Force BLSD back to the drawing board to develop a realistic plan that doesn’t bankrupt tax payers and indoctrinate our Kids.
3. Re-elect James Boyd to the School Board. His experience with International construction and his plan for “6 Rs” is the best idea yet! Simple stuff that works for the WHOLE COMMUNITY.
The 6 Rs are:
Reading, R(W)riting, A(R)ithmetic, Rebuild, Renovate, Revitalize.
Finland has the World’s #1 rated Educational system. They use buildings that in some cases were built in the 1890’s! What is taught by Whom is more important than Where it is taught.
We have learned from generations of experience that throwing money at education or societal problems does not work! Do we really think we are going to get better education by moving students from one set of brick and mortar to a new one?
Can we expect to see improvement in a kid’s driving abilities moving from a Ford to a Chevy…or even a BMW? Of course not! It is the SAME with expecting great results from MOAB. Such expectations are not realistic nor are they practical. Folks, we are ALL smarter than that!
4. Demand that vulnerable local Elementary school students are allowed to attend their neighborhood schools. Keep these young Kids AWAY from Junior and Senior High students until they are more physically, mentally and emotionally developed.
5. Do NOT shut down Ledgemont, which is a BEAUTIFUL facility, close to elementary students in Thompson and Montville. Do what is right for the local communities with this asset, perhaps even sharing use with some other community services which can also help defray the operating cost of this facility.
6. Do NOT shut down Burton Elementary. There are many students that can WALK to this very nice neighborhood school!
7. Rebuild/Renovate Berkshire High School. It CAN BE DONE and for a fraction of the cost of MOAB ($14.8 MILLION in INTEREST alone)!
8. Use logic and solid financial analysis to make decisions, NOT the emotion charged intimidation that was used in the Levy for MOAB: “It’s for the Kids.” So they say. But there are BETTER, more economical, safe and effective ways to achieve quality education to prepare our Kids for their successful futures than turning over our Kids and Money to the State and giving up local control in a rush to Socialism!
9. Keep your opinions to yourself unless you really know the person to whom you are speaking. You can expect MOAB advocates to use intimidation, nasty loud language and to portray you as an uncaring, selfish kid-hater. While nothing could be further from the truth, they will make every effort to dissuade, shame and scare you into supporting the 2.5 mil levy.
Stay STRONG in the right approach:
VOTE NO to defeat the Issue 20 Levy
VOTE YES to re-elect Board President James Boyd.