[LFC Comments: From the The Westlake 9/12 Project / Take a few minutes to look at their slide presentation at the “Education – Part 1” link..it is a fascinating history of education.]
OUR NEXT MEETING
When: October 31, 2020 10:00AM
Where: Prince of Peace Church: 28455 Center Ridge Road, Westlake OH
EDUCATION – Part 2
Based on feedback at the last meeting, we have added one more meeting into the October schedule. On Halloween day (spooky, right?) we will continue our discussion about education. The original outline for Part 2 was;
- Who or what is the motivating force behind changes that have taken place?
- What is the current state of our educational system?
- What does the future look like?
- Are there options, and how can they be applied or implemented?
The NEW outline for Part 2 will be as follows…
- Insight: Where did progressive education come from and what does it look like?
- Outrage: Bring your concerns ! This will be your opportunity to voice your concerns about the changes to education in America.
- Action: What can be done?
NOTE: Here is the link to “Education – Part 1“
Excerpts from “Education – Part 1”:
“By the time Dewey and his disciples worked their magic, the scheme would culminate in a nation in which the overwhelming majority of high-school seniors violently reject the biblical worldview, and in which most young people describe themselves as socialist.”
“On top of that, the system would produce a nation in which less than a third of those same seniors would even be considered “proficient” in reading and math, according to federal data gathered from the National Assessment of Educational Progress.” [LFC Add: 70% of Cleveland Public School graduates cannot read!]
“An astute operator, Dewey recognized that the liberty-minded and overwhelmingly Christian teachers, taxpayers, and parents of America of that era would never knowingly support his radical educational and political ambitions if they understood them. “Change must come gradually,” he explained in that same essay. “To force it unduly would compromise its final success by favoring a violent reaction.”