(LFC Comments: There are many people that have been trying to warn average Americans what is going on in our public schools. We are now “reaping what the socialist/communists have sown” When we discovered that ~70% of Cleveland school children graduate from high school without being able to read, we realized that something is deeply wrong, and those children have little chance of succeeding in our society.)
“America Needs a Culture Change – Must Begin in Our Schools”
By Donna Garner
I did everything I possibly could do for 10 years to warn the public about Obama’s Common Core and its dumbing down of academic proficiency along with its indoctrination into the social justice agenda.
What we are seeing now with the riots across our country are students who have spent 24/7 for ten years being inundated into that entire agenda which includes:
- White privilege;
- Black bondage;
- redistribution of wealth (they think it is all right to loot because “they deserve to take from the rich”);
- racial equity;
- anti-American exceptionalism;
- community organizing (they have become masters at organizing riots/protests on social media but cannot write a complete sentence correctly);
- environmental extremism;
- not just tolerance for LGBTQ but aggressive support for gender identity;
- rebellion against all authority figures;
- lack of respect for our nation’s heroes/heroines because students believe their opinions/emotions/beliefs are paramount and that they have the right to “judge” past history based upon today’s cultural beliefs;
- group think;
- collaborative learning instead of independent thinking;
- only reading snippets of carefully chosen pieces of literature/history that make America and its leaders look bad;
- and not being taught how to read proficiently which has kept students from being able to read the great historical and literary classics with their memorable heroes and heroines plus not being able to read the Bible for themselves.
Yes, our nation must turn to God; but students must be able to read the Word for themselves. If students cannot read proficiently and with ease, then they are not going to go to the effort to study the Bible. Unless they spend time with the Lord and His Word, then they can easily be misled by charlatans.
It is vitally important that we come to understand that there are only two philosophies of education; they cannot be mixed any more than water and oil can be mixed. Either students are taught Type #1 where there are facts and right/wrong answers; OR they are taught Common Core’s Type #2 which is subjective and glorifies emotions, beliefs, and personal opinions with no right or wrong answers in life.
If you and I had spent 7 hrs. in class each day and then were deluged with the same Type #2 digitized instructional materials 24/7, we might have felt compelled to take part in these riots also. Common Core has stolen the hearts, minds, and souls of America’s youth.
Antifa, Black Lives Matter, Proud Boys, SPLC, etc. are all made up of students who have been deprived of a solid Type #1 education with its emphasis on personal responsibility, self-discipline, traditional values, a firm work ethic, and facts vs. fiction.
Until America brings its public/private/charter/online/home school curriculum back to Type #1, nothing is going to change because tomorrow’s future is built upon what students are taught to believe today.
Categories: Free Speech Zone, Uncategorized