[LFC Comments: Thanks to We the People Convention for this very revealing article written by an lifelong environmental progressive. He is basically apologizing for the lie known as “climate change”.]
Excerpts from the article:
Shellenberger: I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.
by Michael Shellenberger, June 29, 2020
“On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem.”
“Here are some facts few people know:
- Humans are not causing a “sixth mass extinction”
- The Amazon is not “the lungs of the world”
- Climate change is not making natural disasters worse
- Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003
- The amount of land we use for meat — humankind’s biggest use of land — has declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska
- The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California
- Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970’s
- Netherlands became rich not poor while adapting to life below sea level
- We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter
- Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change
- Wood fuel is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels
- Preventing future pandemics requires more not less “industrial” agriculture
[LFC Comments: We appreciate the honesty and transparency. However, It may be too little, and too late.
- A.O.C. saying that she was only joking when she said that the planet only has 12 years left.
- How about the Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg recanting her statement at the United Nations about climate change?
- Adm Schiff apologizing for saying he had absolute proof that President Trump colluded with the Russians.
- Hillary Clinton apologizing for abandoning our soldiers at Benghazi.
- Jim Comey, Jim Clapper, John Brennan and the entire F.B.I. and C.I.A. cabal apologizing for their coup trying to overthrow a duly elected President of the United States.
Lies, deceptions and betrayals in the highest offices in the land. Yet, Democrats think Trump is the problem.
Do not expect any more apologizes any time soon, if ever! ]