[LFC Comments: We received the following from W-E school officials. The good news is that it looks like Willoughby-Eastlake Schools will be open.]
Here are five pages of detailed instructions for face coverings for anyone entering Willoughby-Eastlake public schools.
Excerpts from document:
All face coverings shall meet any applicable dress code requirements, such as those established in Board policies or any applicable code of conduct provisions. All face coverings shall be free from offensive and disruptive language, symbols, designs, etc. that would distract the learning environment and/or violate other established policies and procedures.
• Must fully cover the mouth, nose, and chin
• Must fit snugly against the face so there are no gaps
• Must be secured in place through a tie, clip, elastic, etc.
• Cloth masks should be cleaned on a regular basis
• Disposable face mask should only be used for a single use
• Shall not include surgical masks or respirators
• Can be worn by staff/students in instances where wearing a mask would interfere with the learning process
• Must wrap around the face and extend below the chin
• Disposable face shields should only be used for a single use
• Reusable face shields should be cleaned and disinfected after each use
Cloth face coverings should not be worn by:
• Children younger than 2 years old
• Anyone who has trouble breathing
• Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance
All individuals who are required to wear a face covering while on school property are responsible for providing their own face covering.
Each school building will maintain a supply of face coverings that can be provided to individuals who must enter school property due to an emergency situation (e.g., student illness or injury) and who do not have their own face covering.