[LFC Comments: Our recent articles have been “gloom and doom”, so we thought we would add something different. Thanks to Lobbyist Jim for this article.]
Oh boy, not sure if I should be happy that I knew the answers to all 20 questions. Does it mean that I have a good memory, or that I am older than dirt? When asked how old I am my response is: “I went to school with Adam.”
A TEST FOR ‘OLDER KIDS’.
1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don’t know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.
2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on…The ____ ___________ Show.
3. ‘Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.’
4. ‘The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to___________________.’
5. ‘In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.’
6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we ‘danced’ under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the ‘_____________’
7. Nestle’s makes the very best …. ‘ _______________.’
8. Satchmo was America ‘s ‘Ambassador of Goodwill.’ Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.
9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.
10. Red Skeleton’s hobo character was named __________________and Red always ended his television show by saying, ‘Good Night, and’________ ________… ‘
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ &_______________.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, ‘the day the music died.’ This was a tribute to ______________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50’s and 60’swas a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __________ ______________.
16. Remember LS/MFT_____ _____ /_____ _____ _____?
17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It’s _____ ______ _____!
18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? The _____ Knows!
19. There was a song that came out in the 60’s that was “a grave yard smash”. It’s name was the ______ ______!
20. Alka Seltzer used a “boy with a tablet on his head” as it’s Logo/Representative. What was the boy’s name? ________
Answers will come latter………..