LFC Comments: In our opinion, the reactions by the the parents attending Willoughby-Eastlake School Board last night tell us that the Board’s and the Superintendent’s decision-making has put their property tax renewal levy in serious jeopardy.
The parents were not happy with:
1. The firing of middle school principal, Mr. Keller, by the Superintendent, Mr. Steve Thompson. [see TV 8 Fox news report below]
2. The continued policy of wearing masks.
3. The hiring of yet another relative of School Board President, Mr. Thomas Beal.
4. Not having another Board meeting before the November 2nd election.
The public comments section [starting at the ~14:00 minute mark] was very interesting, and will give you a better understanding of what is on the mind of the voters.
Mr. Lawrence Vittori was a surprise appointment to the vacant spot on the School Board.
Here is a report by TV 8 on the Keller incident.
We sent an email to the School Board President, Mr. Thomas Beal, asking questions raised by concerned citizens. Here is his reply:
Thanks for reaching out, here are the answers to your questions:
1. Does the Willoughby-Eastlake School District, or its Board of Directors have a contractual agreement with the Educational Service Center?
Answer: Yes, we do.
2. Is your wife employed by the Educational Service Center, and does she perform, or has she performed marketing director duties, or any other duties, for which she has been compensated, on behalf of the Willoughby – Eastlake School District?
Answer: Yes, she is.
3. Did the Willoughby-Eastlake School Board, or the school’s administration hire an assistant for the marketing director position?
Answer: No, we did not.
Please note: We received the following from a concerned citizen.
4. Are you related in any way to Mr. Nicholas Brown, candidate for the Willoughby-Eastlake School Board, and applicant to fill the open Board position?
Answer: No, I am not.
Again, thanks for reaching out and I hope I have answered your questions.