Had to post this Super Bowl ad because it highlights what we are saying. Seniors need to work to pay their property taxes!!!!! Over 1/3 of Americans have no retirement savings.
How does this relate to Lake County Seniors?….Here is how:
- In 2013, there were 54,456 people aged 60 or over….~23% of the population. It is projected that by 2030 there will be 33.9% of the population over 60 years of age.
- There were 29% of those over 60 still employed.
- 46.9% have earned income averaging $49,690 per household.
- Only 49.3% have retirement income.
- 77.5% receive Social Security payments averaging $18,488 annually.
- Source: Center for Community Solutions