We sent the following email to our new Sheriff – Frank Leonbruno. We will let you know when he responds to our questions. if anyone has any other questions for the new sheriff, please send them to us.
Lobbyists for Citizens is a 501 (c) (4) Non-Profit promoting honesty and transparency in government.
Thank you for your many years of service to the Lake County community.
We saw your Facebook page promoting you for Lake County Sheriff in 2020. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=frank%20leonbruno%20for%20sheriff&epa=SEARCH_BOX
We are aware that you have been appointed by the Lake County Commissioners to assume the Lake County Sheriff’s position upon Sheriff Dunlap’s retirement. In addition, we know that you are asking the Lake County Republican Central Committee to vote for your appointment for the remainder of Sheriff Dunlap’s current term..
We are researching the role of the County Sheriff, and wondered if you would mind sharing your views with the residents of Lake County on the role of the County Sheriff?
Since the majority of citizens will not be able to exercise their vote, we believe that it is only right and proper that the citizens hear directly from you regarding your position on the following issues. Please be aware that your written response will be posted to LobbyistsforCitizens.com.
1. What is your position on the 2nd amendment of the U.S. Constitution?
2. Will you defend the rights of Lake County citizens against any unconstitutional State or Federal action to confiscate their guns?
3. Do you believe that the United States is a sovereign nation?
4. Do you support the “Open Border” policy adopted by many Democrats and Republicans?
5. If you believe in the rule of law, what is your position on illegal aliens in our community?
6. Would you contact and work with the Department of Homeland Security’s Department of Immigration and Custom Enforcement, if you apprehend an illegal alien in Lake County?
7. Would you ignore any ruling by the Lake County Prosecutor’s Office that violates Title 8, Section 1324 of the U.S. Immigration Law?
8.What are the top three issues facing the Lake County Sheriff’s Department that need to be resolved in the next few years?
Thank you in advance for being honest and transparent with the citizens of Lake County.
Lobbyists for Citizens
Lobbyists for Citizens
a 501 (c) (4) Non-Profit