(LFC Comments: As promised, here is the records request we have sent to Mr. G. Andrew Gardner, Mayor of Willoughby Hills. We will publish all of the information that they provide to us.)
May 28, 2020
Delivered via email: Mayor@WilloughbyHills-OH.gov
Mr. G. Andrew Gardner
Willoughby Hills City Hall
35405 Chardon Road
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
Re: Ohio Open Record Law Request
Dear Mr. Gardner:
Pursuant to the provisions of the Ohio Open Records Law ORC 149.43 B (1), we request from the Willoughby Hills City Hall access to and a copy of the following records within a reasonable time period:
- Annual calendar year 2020 salary for the following government position: Executive Assistant to the Mayor
- The total and complete calendar year 2020 compensation package, including longevity pay, bonus, stipend, uniform allowance, pension pick-ups, medical benefits and health care claims not covered by insurance for the following government position: Executive Assistant to the Mayor
- The resume and date of hire of the current Executive Assistant to the Mayor.
- All paperwork that made the position Executive Assistant to the Mayor a protected class.
- All union contracts dealing with the position Executive Assistant to the Mayor.
- The financial statements for Willoughby Hills City for the years 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- The projected Willoughby Hills City budget for 2020.
Public record means records kept by any public office, including, but not limited to, state, county, city, village, township, and school district units. ORC 149.43 (A)(l).
If this request is denied you are required to provide a written statement of the grounds for such denial. Such statement shall cite the specific provision of law under which access is denied and shall be furnished to the requester no later than the end of the third business day following the date that the request for the statement is received. ORC 149.43 (B)(3).
Any reasonably segregable portion of a record otherwise exempt from disclosure is required to be made available after deletion of the portions that are exempted by law. ORC 149.43
If any fee is to be charged for copying the requested records, please notify us in advance if the expected cost is likely to exceed $10.00.